Fundraising and Communications Manager
This is an exciting, full-time opportunity to reshape the fundraising and communications strategies of a time-tested nonprofit with statewide reach. The Fundraising and Communications Manager will be responsible, in conjunction with the Executive Director and key board members, for developing and implementing a donor-based fundraising plan for the Center. This plan should include multiple “touches” and events throughout the year, culminating in a significant increase in individual and corporate donations. In addition, the Manager will be responsible, in conjunction with the Executive Director, for developing and managing the overall communications and external relations efforts. This includes driving our social media presence, working with us to develop and disseminate regularly scheduled publications, and coordinating external marketing and communications to increase public awareness of the Center.
• Develop organizational materials for annual and major donors including solicitation campaigns and letters, brochures, and email solicitations
• Collaborate with the board and staff to develop and implement a strategic communications plan that will increase the visibility of the Center and grow its base of supporters
• Lead outreach and mission-based activities that engage a broad but targeted range of audiences, crossing geographic, political, and racial and ethnic boundaries
• Plan and oversee giving campaigns
• Assist and help drive capital and planned giving campaigns
• Systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity
• Engage in social media, electronic, and paper communication efforts to promote connection between the organization’s supporters and the Center
• Guide similar social media and other outreach efforts to connect the Center to the media, the online community, state policymakers, and community leaders
• Work with the Executive Director and grant writer to ensure consistency of message and focus
• Encourage distribution of Center work and research through Board members’ relationships with interested stakeholders, decision-makers, and the general public
• Provide expertise and support to the Executive Director, board members, and other Center champions as they advocate for the Center
• Constantly display good judgment and serve as an ambassador for the Center
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful professional who is well-organized, highly motivated, highly ethical, diplomatic, able to successfully and positively engage a variety of people, and capable of communicating effectively in a wide variety of situations and mediums. Experience with individual and corporate donations and giving is especially desirable. Knowledge of and contacts within the policy, philanthropic and nonprofit communities is also important. Previous experience in developing and executing organizational communications and giving plans is critical. Familiarity with job-related software such as constant contact, Salesforce, and publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher or InDesign is also required. Previous experience in a major giving or capital campaign would be very useful. A dedication to the mission and purpose of the Center and its objective, nonpartisan nature is essential. A sense of humor and a teamwork attitude is also a requirement.
An undergraduate degree in a related field is required. Graduate degree holders are encouraged to apply. A minimum of five years of experience is expected, with greater weight given to those who have extensive experience in both communications and fundraising.
This position ultimately reports to the Executive Director, but will receive day to day guidance from the Director of Finance and Operations.
Salary contingent on education and experience. The Center offers a full complement of employee benefits including paid time off, sick leave, retirement and health insurance.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com